Dec 8, 2008

Online Dating Couple Were Neighbors For 17 Years!


When a British teacher joined an online dating agency to find a husband, she found love much closer to home than she could have ever expected - in the same street!

46-year-old Julie McIlroy, looked through thousands of pictures of eligible men on the online dating site, before finally spotting father-of-two Allan Donnelly.

Julie and Allan had no idea they were neighbors and had been living in the same street for the past 17 years!

“I thought he looked nice so I sent him a message and he emailed me back. We started emailing for a couple of weeks and I discovered that Allan was from Cardiff” said mother-of-three Julie.

“Then I found out we both lived in the Rhiwbina area of the city - but even that’s a big place” she added.

e street, and had even seen each other from a distance, but never actually met face-to-face!

“I was totally stunned,” she said. “It’s an incredible co-incidence but it just goes to show that you never know where you will find love.”

The couple began dating and later went on holidays to Thailand, Cambodia and Morocco, before 53-year-old Allan finally proposed to Julie at a surprise party.

“I had been on the dating site for a while when I hooked up with Julie. It was an amazing co-incidence that we live so close to each other, What were the chances of that?” he said. “But it was my lucky day - we’ve got the perfect compatibility. She’s right up my street.”